ECMWF is the World's best 10-day
weather forecast model
- Lower 48 U.S. states
- Point data tables
- Precip grouped by rain, snow or ice
- And storm totals for each type
- Set location presets for easy access
- 0.100° (~9km) Resolution
- 153 map types and growing; including:
- CAPE, CIN, Helicity, VGP, EHI
- Wind Shear & Vorticity
- Advection & Convergence
- Q-Vectors & Frontogenesis
- Snowfall & Icing
- Winds & Temps Aloft
- Dew Points & Humidity
- Severe & Tornado Indices
- Travel Concerns
- Cloud Cover & Much more!
- Access anywhere from browser
- Only $9.95/mo (discounts available)
- View with your F5Data account
Free 7 day trial.
Enter your email to start.
View Current Conditions from the top menu.
Email UsConvective Development, Inc.
P.O. Box 511
Cambridge, MN 55008 USA
+1 651 400 0031Telephone:
+1 603 297 2365FAX:
Current Northern Lights Status
We want all 3 points in our numbered list below to be in a red font in order to assume there are good visible auroras occuring right now (in MN).
Bz & Solar Wind update every minute. Kp updates every 5 minutes, forecasts every 15 minutes. Hit Refresh for updated data.
Current Northern Lights Conditions:
- Kp: 1.33 [want 5+ in MN. See map]
- Bz: 999.9 nT [want < -3]
- Solar Wind: -9999.9 km s-1 [want > 550]
- Infrared Satellite
- Current Moon Phase
Short term Kp Forecast**:
- Kp at 00:45Z is expected to be 2.33
- Kp at 01:00Z is expected to be 2.00
- Kp at 01:15Z is expected to be 1.67
- Kp at 01:30Z is expected to be 1.67
--- 4 Hour Forecast ---
- Kp at 04:30Z is expected to be 1.00
Click for Planetary K Index Click for Latest Image
** The Wing Kp Geomag Activity Index updates every 15 minutes with a short term forecast which is useful for determining what the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) activity may be like over the next hour or so. It is also useful to anticipate a short term trend in activity from whatever it is currently at. This data is prepared by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA & Space Weather Prediction Center. However, I did take the liberty to skew the forecast numbers by initializing off the latest observation when the observation and first forecast a few minutes away don't match up. So only the forecasted trend is utilized and applied to the latest observation. This method seems more accurate.